How do I get started?

Sep 28, 2006 at 5:29 AM
I am very interested in ObjectBuilder and have been using the try it and debug it method of learning how it works. What is the difference between this version and the one that comes with Enterprise Library? Is this a drop in replacement and if it is what does it add? Any installation tips? -- thank you
Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006 at 6:28 PM
The code here should be identical to the code that shipped in the EntLib January 2006 release.

We're still making decisions about what to do next, which might include new containers that wrap ObjectBuilder as well as new revisions of ObjectBuilder. Questions of backward compatibility will need to be considered, and whether source-level compatibility is good enough.

Thanks,
Brad
Sep 28, 2006 at 9:38 PM
OK, so I am using the latest version.

If you are looking to set some priorities the most helpful thing fore me would be some examples of common use-case scenarios. I found some examples in a blog by Sayed Y. Hashimi http://www.sayedhashimi.com/PermaLink,guid,d05aed4f-a211-4969-893e-7ffea324a56c.aspx that were enough to get started. My first goal is to add some dependency injection for transactions into some mapping objects.

Thanks,

David Morris