Sep 5, 2007 at 5:14 PM
Edited Sep 5, 2007 at 5:15 PM
Regarding the work item "Just implement Windsor features" ...
We went down a little ways to implementing the equivalent of IWindsorContainer. The basics (AddComponent, AddComponentWithLifestyle, Resolve) were pretty easy. However, there were things that had deep dependencies on MicroKernel; re-implementing all of MicroKernel
as well as Windsor just doesn't seem like a good way to spend time for a sample container.
Here are a few things we noted that Windsor can do that the CodePlex Container does not:
- XML/App.config configuration
- Translations from names to types, with lookups based on names
- Support for lifecycles (IInitializable, IRecyclable)
- Support for lifestyles (we do Singleton and Transient, but not Thread/Pool/Custom)
- Equivalent of Release(), which would be necessary for pooling and custom lifestyles
What else is missing? Or is it just that the APIs are different?